We explore how businesses can cater for the 13m people in the UK who have a disability. They represent a market worth £249bn a year.
In this podcast Julia Walker, of Lake District Mobility, talks about practical steps that businesses can take to make themselves more attractive to disabled customers and their families.
Chamber Business Solutions is running a training day, ‘Collecting the Purple Pound’ at Newton Rigg, Penrith, on February 21st, 2019, when Alice Loader, of Alice Associates, will set out how to harness the spending power of disabled customers.
It aims to help participants harness the spending power of disabled customers by:
- Gaining a deeper understanding of disability
- Identifying their responsibilities under the law
- Exploring the language of disability – knowing what to say and what not to say
- Learning how to innovate products and services for this important customer demographic
- A simple six-step process to enable accessibility and inclusion to become an automatic and integral part of their organisation
Places cost £95 plus VAT for Cumbria Chamber of Commerce members or £145 plus VAT for non-members.
To register, or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit England guide to making your business accessible
Access for All accessibility training for staff
Changing Places disabled toilets
Disability Confident scheme
Shaw Trust website accessibility audit
Building/grounds access audits
Recite Me software for people with accessibility needs
© Cumbria Business Growth Hub