Do you work in PURCHASING? Are you in charge of procurement budget? Maybe you are an Estimator?
Do you want to achieve COST REDUCTION & SAVNGS in your business?
How about improving your BOTTOM LINE?
Your bottom line is your PROFIT.
A couple of simple changes in your business could deliver significant savings and enhance your bottom line.
Join Cumbria Business Growth Hub on this one-day interactive workshop.
The workshop will enable newcomers in the procurement and supply chain profession to understand how a couple of simple changes in your business could deliver significant savings and enhance your bottom line.
Friday 21st September 2018
9.30 to 16.30
Newton Rigg, Conference Centre, Penrith. CA11 0AH
How much will it cost?
This workshop is FREE OF CHARGE to *eligible businesses and are funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
What key points will the training cover?
It will give you a toolkit that will enhance your procurement performance in your business. It will cover:
- How to quickly develop and maintain knowledge of your supply chain
- A basic framework to examine the procurement arrangements in your organisation and identify improvements to deliver quick wins
- How to identify and build upon the human factors of emotion and relationships that exist in a procurement transaction
- The design and implementation of business processes that introduce smarter procurement practices into your business:
- a focus on developing your supply chain to improve your win rate
- building order winning relationships with sub contractors
- financial discipline
- simple contracts
- developing requirements documents
- when and where to use aggregation of requirements into a single contract
- governance and delegated authorities
- Effectively integrating your sub-contractors into your bidding and sales activities
- How to quickly create an effective and cash saving requirements document
- Understanding the key elements of a basic procurement contract
- How to develop and implement a basic negotiation strategy
- How to evaluate the risks and value of a tender or quotation
Who should attend?
• Business owners; including sole traders
• Finance staff
• New purchasing teams
• Operations managers
How do I book my FREE place? (Do you meet the eligibility criteria?)
(One place per business only)
*Eligibility requirements for businesses:
1. You must trade business to business (B2B).
2. Your business employ 250 or less (full time equivalent).
3. Your business must be based in Cumbria.
4. You MUST commit to TWELVE hours of business support assistance. Attendance of 1 workshop (6 hours) will give you a further 6 hours practical 1-2-1 business support with a specialist business adviser to support your business growth OR attendance a further workshop to complete your 12 hours.
5. Businesses which have not already received at least 12 hours support or £1,000 subsidy through the current ERDF Growth Hub project (since December 2015) will be prioritised.