Date: Wednesday 26th September 2018
Time: 09.00 – 15.30
Location: Langdale Hotel
The Langdale Estate
Are you an SME based in Cumbria? Have you thought about the benefits of introducing electric vehicles into your business?
Join the University of Cumbria for a day of networking and innovation.
During this fast-paced, interactive workshop you’ll discover the issues and opportunities around using electric vehicles (EV) within your organisation. You’ll also meet other businesses in Cumbria who have ‘gone electric’ and develop an understanding of how your business could also benefit.
By the end of the session you’ll have a business case for starting to use, or making plans to introduce, electric vehicles into your business. And you may have made some new business contacts too!
This workshop will help your business to:
- Develop the use of EV’s in your business
- Reduce impact on the environment and reduce CO2
- Discover how you can help build the EV infrastructure in Cumbria
- Build business partnerships and collaborations that will collectively help to create the change to a cleaner environment.
This workshop is for small and medium sized enterprises in Cumbria. It will be fast-paced and interactive, encouraging exciting collaborations between organisations as well as innovative solutions.
Workshop content (includes buffet lunch)
- Introduction:EV – A personal perspective: Richard Leafe, CEO Lake District National Park Authority
- How does an electric vehicle work? (Charging, emissions, range, lifespan, warranties etc.): Will Adams, DSG Morecambe
- Charging – What, where, how long, how much ? Will Adams, DSG Morecambe
- Charge My Street – Daniel Heery, Cybermoor
- The electric vehicle revolution – the UK Policy Context (Clean Air Act, Diesel scrappage, CO2 targets, pollution levels, taxation, technology etc.): CAfS / CCC
- EVs in the LDNP and across Cumbria – What’s been happening ? Charge points / policy / Low Carbon Lake District / uptake of EV – LDNPA Reps Emma Moody and Martin Sleath
- Running a fleet of electric vehicles – sharing the experiences of two Cumbrian companies: Tim Foster (Blencathra Centre) and Simon Brace (Lakes Electric Delivery Service)
- Financial Incentives for EVs in Cumbria –Frank Allinson, CfLP
- Electric Vehicles – Comparative running costs; Mathew Kiziuk, Renault UK
- Financing fleets – Better to own, to lease, hire purchase….what’s on offer? Mathew Kiziuk, Renault UK
- Looking to the future – how the market and challenges might develop? Mathew Kiziuk, Renault UK
- Identifying barriers and opportunities – what needs to change in Cumbria for businesses to adopt and to benefit from the EV revolution? (both potential customers and vehicle dealers): Panel / Audience / CCC
- Opportunity to try out EV cars / vans from the car park
- Richard Leafe, CEO Lake District National Park Authority
- Mathew Kiziuk, Head of Marketing NW, Renault
- Will Adams, manager, DSG Morecambe (Renault, Hyundai, Dacia)
- Phil Davies, Cumbria Action for Sustainability (CAfS)
- Emma Moody and Martin Sleath , LDNPA
- Tim Foster, Blencathra Centre
- Simon Brace, Lakes Electric Delivery Service
- Frank Allinson, Centre for Leadership Performance
- Daniel Heery, Cybermoor
09.00 – 09.30 Registration, refreshments and networking opportunity
12.30 – 13.15 Buffet Lunch & networking opportunity
15.00 – 15.30 Tea & cakes and networking opportunity and time to view Electric Vehicles
Who is eligible to attend?
This workshop is open to small and medium sized businesses (SME’s) in Cumbria that meet ERDF eligibility criteria: less than 250 FTE employees and turnover less than 50m euros or balance sheet total less than 43m euros.
Register to attend this event
Sign up here and get more information about the event, including the workshop activities and speakers.