As part of our BSUS programme there are free places available on our Using WordPress for Business training taking place on Thursday 14th June at the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal from 10am to 4pm.
It’s crucial for all businesses to be online and accessible via mobile devices, but for a new business, that can be easier said than done.
75 million small, medium and large businesses use WordPress to power their online presence, and there’s a good reason for that.
It’s easy to use, free to access, accessible on all devices and a great choice for anybody who is serious about building a business website.
In this one-day training, Paul Teague, Digital Development Manager at Cumbria Chamber of Commerce will explain how WordPress works, how best to use it and all of the tips and tricks that you need to know to make it work hard for your business.
This session is aimed at complete beginners and novice users.
Information covered during the day will include:
- What is a Content Management System?
- Introduction to WordPress: What is WordPress and why should you consider using it?
- The difference between WordPress and WordPress.com
- The difference between a blog and a website
- How to set up a free WordPress site for free in 5 minutes flat
- WordPress the proper way
- Domain names and nameservers
- How to get support for WordPress through the forums and useful sites
- Logging into your new WordPress blog
- An introduction to posts, plugins and themes
- Setting up the basics (title, tagline, gravatars and permalinks)
- The difference between pages and posts
- Your first WordPress page & post
- Adding images
- Finding and changing themes
- WordPress catergories & comments
- WordPress widgets & menus
- Jetpack basics
Places will be offered on a first come first served basis with refreshments and lunch provided.
If you wish to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 226 0040