If you’re in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance or certain other benefits, alongside our other start-up support you can also benefit from the New Enterprise Allowance Scheme, funded by the Department of Work & Pensions (DWP).
Support on offer
The scheme offers the following free support to get you going and help you through your first years trading:
- LinkUp:StartUp workshops to help you find out more and decide if working for yourself is for you
- One-to-one advice from our expert yet approachable business advisers
- Marketing and finance workshops
- A weekly allowance for up to 26 week (up to a total of £1,274)
- Help to apply for a Start Up Loan
Ask your Jobcentre Work Coach to call us to arrange your first appointment.
If you haven’t already attended a LUSU workshop they’ll need to book you onto one before they can refer you for NEA support.
You need to be looking to start-up, over 18 and either:
- You or your partners get Univerisal Credit, Jobseeker’s Alowance or Employment & Support Allowance, or
- You get Income Support and you’re a lone parent, sick or disabled