A winning package
A free countywide business start-up programme to point you in the right direction to achieving business success.
Designed specifically for people thinking of starting in business and young businesses in their first three years of trading, this comprehensive package of support includes your choice of:
- Free opportunities to explore working for yourself and whether it is right for you.
- Free one-to-one meetings with a business adviser to review and develop your business idea.
- Free advice from a range of specialists on marketing, online activity, finance and more.
- Free business start-up training.
- Free workshops on a wide range of topics.
- Free help to develop your business plan and get your business up and running.
- Access to a £1,000 subsidy for consultancy to support your business start-up or growth.
- Free basic membership of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce for one year when you start trading (worth up to £400) and a discounted offer if you’re already trading.
The BSUS scheme has helped 1,200 individuals looking to start a business. More than 540 have started so far, with more in the pipeline. It has also assisted 340 young businesses and generated £80m GVA for Cumbria.
Cumbria ERDF Business Start-Up Support (BSUS) is delivered by partners led by Cumbria Chamber of Commerce as part of Cumbria Business Growth Hub.